Justin* and Jackie* recently moved their family to South Asia. They are seeking to build churches among natives and reach those who don't know the Savior.
Here is a glimpse of how God is at work:
- New Life - While waiting at the mechanic shop to get a tire fixed, a friend and I struck up a conversation with a guy. After sharing the good news with him, he surrendered his life to the King, right there on the side of a busy street! Later in the week, we met up with him to explain more about the King, and equip and challenge him to share the King's story with others. The next day he called and told me both his roommates are now following the King! Praise Him for opportunities to be a part of His work in the everyday things of life!
- Gospel Community - One of our greatest concerns in moving to South Asia was a lack of fellowship with other believers. We praise Him for the body of believers He has placed in our city, on our team, and even on our very street. This month we gathered with others for fellowship, vision casting, and equipping.
- Language Learning - This will be one of our main focuses as we continue to orient ourselves and seek to invest in these people. The King has provided us with a great teacher who will visit periodically for 2-3 week long intensive sessions, as well as others living in the city who have agreed to help us learn.
Here are some ways to pray:
- Language Learning - be empowered by the Spirit to learn and would stay focused on the goal: proclaiming and equipping others to proclaim the best news on the planet!
- Relationships - Now that we are settled into our new home and have established some daily and weekly rhythms, we are excited to more intentionally build relationships with those we encounter in the day-to-day. Pray for the King to lead us to His people and those ready for the good news.
- Spiritual Health - God has been immensely faithful to us but we have certainly felt the power and effects of spiritual warfare. Pray that we would daily abide in Him and be filled with joy in the King and what He has called us to.
* Names changed for safety.